Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pre-show interview with Cho Cheng

I was super on-time to a 9:00 am show (yay) in full regalia: eyelashes, black dress, new belt and trusty Nicole Miller's. Shows rarely actually start on time but I did score a pre-show backstage interview with Cho Cheng.


Alicia: So Cho, it is so nice to meet you and I am so looking forward to the show.

Cho: Thanks, I hope you like it.

Alicia: With this being an Olympic Year and the games being in China, did that have any influence in your Spring 2009 Collection?

Cho: Well, I was at the opening in Beijing. I think all Chinese artists were at least subconsciously influenced by the games being held in our home country.

Alicia: What part of China are you from?

Cho: I was born and raised in Hong Kong. My parents are from mainland China.

Alicia: Do you have a muse?

Cho: Well I love NY socialites especially Tinsley Mortimer. I also love the Gossip Girls. You will see lots of mini skirts and padded shoulders.

Alicia: What is your favorite silhouette?

Cho: I really like elegance so I am inspired by the 1930's and 1940's. I shorten the hemlines to keep it modern. I also keep the hair simple; this show features long ponytails with headbands- school girl. I want the girls to look sleek, impeccable and glamorous.

Alicia: Thanks you for much for speaking with me and good luck on your show.

No comments: